Day 12

May 14, 2018


Today was a great start to our third week of senior project. We prepared our arsenal of flys with some new and improved flies that Hunter taught me and Finn how to tie. These flies along with some new spots are exactly what we need to finally land that trout we have been chasing. Our plan is to hit Bristol again tomorrow and fish right under the falls with the fresh new fly’s we have tied. We headed out to Black water after lunch to test some of them out also because black water was stocked with fish last week! I GOT A BITE OR TWO but I think I jerked to hard and pulled the fly out of the trout’s mouth. Hunter told me what I need to do instead is strip (pull) the line in really fast instead of jerking the rod tip up because the fly’s are sharp and don’t need more force than that to set the hook. As the saying goes, you learn something new everyday. Hopefully tomorrow they will bite like they did today and instead of ripping the hook out, I will set it instead and land a nice fish!


Hours Today: 3
Total Hours: 39.5



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 7

Day 10