3rd Weekly Reflection

As the saying goes, 3 is the lucky number. Or at least for me it has always been my lucky number. This week was the week we have all been waiting for! I finished up the week with not 1, not 2, but 8 fish! Most of the luck we found was from locations hunter gave us in Bristol, New Hampshire at or near profile falls. I am sure some positive stocking reports that were posted on the New Hampshire Fish and Game website contributed to the positive results as well. We periodically also used our time to tie some flies with Hunter to make sure we continued to improve our tying skills as well as our fishing skills. The winner winner chicken dinner award goes to the one and only pheasant tail. Every fish I caught except for one went for the pheasant tail. All the flies we caught our fish on were tied by ourselves which I am very proud to say. Hunter also tied us some flies which also contributed to the sudden jump in catching of fish! I am hoping I can help Finn rig up his rod properly so he can start catching some gorgeous trout as well. This allowed us to finally post some data to TroutBlitz was was very satisfying. We now have contributed to providing useful data of fish caught in New Hampshire and it can be tracked through the database of TroutBlitz now. All our hard work has finally payed off and I am proud to say I will not be ending senior project without catching any fish! Hunter will hopefully come out with us starting next week and show us his magical ways of the river which will further our knowledge in the art of fly fishing but until then I can say I deserve a pat on the back for finally netting some trout that took two weeks to learn how to catch! Hopefully the fish gods will be nice to Finn and I our last two days of senior project!    

Comments

  1. Is there a photo of the pheasant tail fly? I would love to see it? Maybe in your final showcase?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 7

Day 12

Day 10